We talk about:
- The Engaged Journalism Accelerator and its mission to inspire, connect and support news organisations across Europe to empower communities and their conversations
- The shift in journalism to become more audience-focussed. Not just in terms of subscriptions / advertising revenue, but more in how readers can participate in all aspects of a news organization
- Germany's membership-based news platform Krautreporter and how they share their insights in their playbook for engaged journalism to help other news organizations break out of their silos
- Spain's Maldita that established an ambassador program called "Malditos" and an open CRM that allows its community to contribute to the organization
- How traditional news organizations can adapt to becoming more community-driven through opening up processes, decision making and letting people participate more
Follow Kathryn at @girlondon and @ejcnet.
A special shout-out goes to Kathryn's team Ben Whitelaw and Madalina Ciobanu who Kathryn chose to greet in her final remarks on the conversation. Hi Ben and Madalina!